Tenacity Actions: Defiance’s Superior Quality at a Great Value
Defiance is known for superior quality, innovative design, and cutting-edge manufacturing. Many of the designs and new products come from listening to customers. Since some shooters and hunters don’t always need custom options, Defiance is introducing a well-designed, precision rifle action at a great value.
Using new machining technologies and a clever design, this action has the precision and quality customers expect, but with a significantly reduced price.
The Tenacity is machined from the same steels and to the same tolerances as the Rebel and Deviant. Limited options (see below), but a versatile design that delivers either on the range or deep in the wilderness.
Each Tenacity action includes either a 20 MOA stainless steel Picatinny scope rail, or a pair of Talley Manufacturing one-piece Lightweight Alloy Scope Mounts. It’s your choice!
- Receiver made of pre-hardened aircraft-certified 416 stainless steel
- Bolt made of pre-hardened aircraft-certified 4340 chrome moly
- Receiver barrel threads are 1.0625” X 16 T.P.I. (Rem. 700 thread dia. and pitch) and Remington 700 thread depth
- Actions available in Medium (Rem. SA), Long (Rem. LA) length to accommodate popular factory chamberings
- Medium length actions available in .223, .308 and Magnum bolt face. Long length actions available in .30-06 and Magnum bolt face
- .062” firing pin is perfect for large or small rifle primers
- Available in right & left hand
- Price includes:
- Stainless steel, 20 MOA picatinny scope mount, attached with 8-40 screws, and 1/8” hardened dowel pins
- Double pinned precision .250” thick recoil lug
- Works with hinged floorplates and center feed detachable magazines
- .308 available with AICS/AW magazine cut (detachable mag only)
- 2.0# (32 oz.) approximate weight with scope mount and recoil lug
- Close tolerance preserved: All material pre-hardened prior to machining to prevent changing tolerances during heat treat.
- Receiver machined from one piece of pre-hardened 416SS.
- Wire EDM-cut, full-length lug ways result in smooth bolt operation.
- Bolt machined from one piece of pre-hardened 4340 chrome moly, and threaded for interchangeable knobs.
- Primary extraction design significantly increases initial extraction and ensures smooth bolt cycling.
- Receiver body
- 20 MOA stainless steel Picatinny scope base, or a pair of Talley Manufacturing one-piece Lightweight Alloy Scope Mounts
• Talley mounts available in 1” and 30mm ring diameter
• Each diameter available in low, medium, or high
- Bolt stop/side bolt release, spring, pin
- One-piece bolt
- Bolt fluting
- Bolt knob
- Firing pin/spring
- Cocking piece
- Bolt shroud
- Trigger pins
- .250” double pinned recoil lug and pins